We know you care deeply about the needs of your clients. We recognize that counseling expectant parents who are facing an unintended pregnancy about all their options – including adoption, can present a unique challenge. We would like to offer the support you need to make this process easier.
IPAS is a nonprofit agency that provides support counseling for women (and men) whether they choose parenting OR adoption. We facilitate open adoptions when that is the birth parents’ plan. We have a 60-plus year history of healthy adoption practice in Central California.
Our trainings prepare professionals to know how to incorporate adoption into their counseling programs with expectant parents facing an unintended pregnancy. Our staff can tailor presentations to fit the specific needs of your group. These free, interactive trainings are available for groups of any size. We welcome the opportunity to work with you.
We are a licensed continuing education provider for the Board of Registered Nursing.
Adoption Training Presentation Topics:
- Adoption as part of options counseling.
- How to talk to teens, adults, and their extended families about adoption.
- Open adoption relationships: Testimonials from birthmothers, adoptees, and adoptive parents.
- Current research regarding outcomes for adoptees in open adoptions.
- Legal issues: the role of birthfathers in adoptions.
- The hospital experience in an open adoption.
- Attorney vs. agency adoptions.