Is Adoption for Me?
Whether you choose to make an adoption plan or to parent your child yourself, you will not have to make that decision alone. We are here to answer all of your questions, to offer you the opportunity to talk to other birthmothers, and to receive counseling from social workers who have been helping mothers like you for over 60 years.
Most birth parents we work with are not sure what to do. All of them love their babies and want their children to have everything they deserve. For a variety of reasons they are feeling overwhelmed and are questioning whether they’re ready to parent. Some commonly expressed concerns are:
- Will I be able to finish school or must I drop out
- I want my child to have both a mother and a father
- Can I financially support myself and a child
- Will parenting force me into a life of poverty and welfare dependence
- I am already a parent of a child(ren) can I take on the responsibilites of another child
- What are all of my options so I can make the decision based on what is best for me and my child
Only after you have sorted out your life and circumstances will you be able to decide whether adoption is right for you. An IPAS social worker will help you with this with absolutely no pressure or judgment so that you make the decision that is right for you and your child.