What makes Central California Adoption Services – Infant of Prague special?
- We have been helping women for 65 years and have grown with the times and research on the best practices in adoption.
- With CCAS-IOP you have the security of knowing the adoptive couple you have chosen has been professionally assessed and investigated through fingerprint clearances, medical records, employment verifications, personal references, home inspections, and more before your child goes into their home.
- Each adoptive family undergoes twelve hours of adoption education training aimed at understanding the needs and concerns of birthparents and the adopted child.
- We advocate maintaining open lines of communication between you and your child’s adoptive family and have trained our parents on the benefits of this open communication.
- All adoption arrangements are made by you and the adoptive parents. Our agency acts as the intermediary.
- We are the only agency in Fresno that offers free lifelong counseling to our birthparents to help you before and support you after your decision to place your child in an adoptive home.
Agency name and history
Our agency was founded in 1953 by priests and lay people affiliated with the Catholic Diocese of Fresno who named the organization Infant of Prague Adoption Service.
The agency took its name from a popular devotion to the Infant Christ Child of Prague, Czechoslovakia, dating back to the 16th Century. Since the devotion stressed special blessings for children and families, it seemed an appropriate name for an agency that was dedicated to serving the needs of children by building healthy adoptive families.
For many years, the agency operated as a member of Catholic Charities, maintaining its own Board of Directors, and despite its international name, the agency was and remains only licensed for domestic adoption.
Gradually assuming greater independence in its operation, the agency officially separated from Catholic Charities in 1997.
Today, we are a full service, nonprofit, secular licensed adoption agency. To more accurately reflect our current structure, we recently added Central California Adoption Services to our name, but maintain the name Infant of Prague to honor our history.
Counties We Serve
As a licensed California Adoption Agency we can accept relinquishments from birth mothers in any California county.
We are licensed to perform home studies and prepare adoptive families in the 17 counties listed below.
- San Joaquin
- San Luis Obispo
- Santa Barbara
- San Benito
If you reside in a county that is not listed and are interested in building your family through adoption, please give us a call. If we can’t help, we will put in touch with someone who can.
Our Board of Directors
Teacher (Vice President)
Social Media Director (Secretary)
CPA (Chief Financial Officer)
(Retired) Medical Sales/Marketing
Management & Financial Planning